Saturday, February 18, 2006

Never Underestimate the power of.......

......a Safety Pin.

Yesterday morning at 6am I made a trip to the bathroom in my all-packed, chilly apt, only to find, that in addition to the bathroom light being burned out, the kitchen light being on the blink, that yes indeed, there was no running water in my apt. I hammered time after time with my hands on the flusher button and to no avail; there wasn't any water to be had. And in addition to aforementioned said drama, I broke the chain on the toilet....again. So at 6am, in the dark of my bathroom, i had to stick my hand down the slimey, mildewy, tank to reconnect the chain with....a safety pin. What a totally, utterly comepletely useful contraption.

4 hours later the water came back on. Yah! Two more days of hot water showers (the hot water in my new room doesn't work).

However, the day was made wonderful with Mexican food and good friends. There is always a silver lining to any rocky start.

P.S. I get to feel like a princess for 4 months in my new place. The bed is topped with a canopy and mosquito netting draped down to the floor. (Granted, the whole thing is made out of aluminum piping and is tied with raffea to the headboard).

No comments: