Saturday, December 03, 2005

December and Hong Kong....just me and 900 million-zillion of my closest tourist pals


The Christmas tree in Central, complete with guitar-playing mechanical Santas surrounding the base of it.
Here are the ladies looking all perky after realizing that the Starbucks in HK serve Gingerbread Lattes. Caffeinating on the train was the name of the game.

Me and Julia rocking, literally on the Star Ferry...for those prone to seasickness, today was not a day for you to harbour cross on the Star Ferry.

Cute little loquacious boy who sat in front of for the 5 minute harbour crossing.

Mere and Julia aboard the Star Ferry on our way over to Central from Tsim Sha Tsui

Italian Lunch (my first Italian food since July) at Fat Angelo's.

Garden next to the Bank of China Building

Wouldn't it be most amazing to work here and argue against human rights injustices? Give me five years or so........

One of the Ocean Liner's whose port of call is HK. The fruity cruise yuppies disembark and go shopping in Harbour City....men with pink sweaters tied around their necks and women with piles of makeup on. What are they trying to prove?

HK Convention Center. Take note, you'll be seeing a lot of this on the news in the next two weeks with the WTO Conference being held in HK. When they talk of farm subsidies and world price supports, I guarentee good old HK Island will be in the background.

Just a little gander over to the Island side. It has been reallly hazy in this here part of the world recently...no rain. But, it is going to get cold b/c of the monsoon kicking up trouble southwest of us. Bring on the lows in the 40s...without a heater in my apt. i might add. If you don't hear from me at all in the next two weeks it's b/c i'm buried under three thick duvets and hibernating in my bed/

Welcome to HK in the winter my friends. This is me standing along the avenue of the stars in Kowloon. (incidently in this photo I was mere meters from the new bronzy glory of Bruce Lee, the most recent statued addition to the Avenue)

No comments: