Saturday, July 30, 2005

Operation Mad Shopper

Alright, so last time I posted the airlines had 'found' my bag and it was being sent to Dallas via Philadelphia. Well after about ten more hours of being on the phone with USAirways (9.95 hours of listening to the elevator-type hold music and .05 hours talking to someone with questionable competance) it was concluded that no one knows where my bag is, so all of my pants, jewelry shoes and shirts that were in there now must be replaced in four days. Sitting here reading this you're probably thinking, gee, what fun, a shopping spree that will be backed by claim checks from the airlines and the credit card the ticket was purchased on. Oh wait, no it's not fun. Adam and I spent all day yesterday looking for stuff and and much to my dismay, did not find very much that will replace the lost items. I am finding it difficult to go out and try to buy all of my clothes over again in 48 hours. I had been collecting that stuff for years and there were new things that I had just gotten and never even worn from the store I worked at in NC.

After being sad for a long time, I began to realize that what I lost is just 'stuff.' I am still the same person with or without the quirky earrings and fun clothes. Thus....bring on the shopping. (I have always hated shopping in general; at the end of all this, I am going to despise it). However I wouldn't have gotten through the last few days without my dad and Adam being the rational ones. What I am going to do without the 'men' in my life? Hmmm, a survey would probably conclude that I would become more self-reliant. We'll see if that happens over the next year.

I've got to get presents for the principal and head teacher of my school in Shenzhen. Someone suggested a themed gift based upon where you're from.....so what do we think, a lasso and a cowboy had maybe...I think international aviation law might have a problem with me bringing to sets of spurs with me, so scratch the addendum to the costume.

Bah, time to get up...the workmen are here pounding away at the additiont to the house already...good thing I never sleep late or I might have been redused to tossing water balloons at them from out the window in an effort to stifle the noise.

No comments: