Tuesday, September 13, 2005

My paradise

- My apartment -
Organized in an illogical fashion here b/c it's hard to move photos around on my blog. Apologies.

The Kitchen....check out the shiny fridge!

Guest bedroom....kinda tiny. It's only really big enough for the big bed and the wardrobe behind the main door. Drop your eyes to the door knob....it's about to fall off....again. There is no backing on it. When I got here it was just a hole in the door. I've placed the knob there for aesthetic purposes. Yes the sheets have cartoon liions on them. And no, the boogie board is not mine.
Bathroom straight ahead (little blue can is for your toilet paper, you can't flush the paper here - unless you want to become best friends with the plunger). To the right is my bedroom, to the left is the kitchen.

Living room view with Balcony...notice the lovely gate that goes across the sliding doors..it's my Chinese security system.



This is my living room....lovely TV and comfy comfy couches. And....I even found the missing part of the coffee table in the guest room wardrobe, so I was able to put that out last week!.

This is my entryway with a lovely dining table and 'sturdy' stools




Muahaa, here is my bedroom. The stool is one of my 'dining room' chairs - one that doesn't have a broken leg and will indeed support me. Like my lamp? Mr. Yang and I picked it out at Shirbu, the neighborhood department store. I wanted Mr. Yang to pick it out b/c I wasn't sure how much I should be spending on it, b/c the school was buying it for me, but he insisted that our tastes are probably different and so I had better pick it out. I think I did a good job. And after I selected the lamp.....he insisted we go and open up a department store card so when I go shopping there again I can get a discount. I laughed, but on the bottom floor is a really nice hypermarket (grocery store) and so I've been using my spiffy "VIP" card lots after all. The bed is totally amazing, and the duvet set is new....I'm happy camper. See the bear on the bed? His name is TJ. Mum bought him for me before we moved overseas back in 1991. He's old. Carly threw him on the marble floor in Jakarta and one of his eyes popped out, so he can only see out of one eye now. Most of his stuffing is in the left leg and no where else.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oooh, pretty! Glad you're getting settled ;-P